365 Things That Inspire Me

I also do posts for my clay group, beads-of-clay.org. Twice now, I have posted pictures that I took on walks with my dogs in a park near here, 3 Creeks. I post these as creative inspiration for my fellow artists and jewelry designers. These posts have been so well received that I decided to start a blog with daily inspiration in the form of pictures, quotes and poems. These pictures will be things from my immediate environment that I find inspirational or beautiful; textures, colors, contrasts, animals, unusual things, intriguing things. A daily dose of wonder....


"Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, and of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK on these things."


"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush is afire with God, but only he who sees takes off his shoes."
E.B. Browning

It's all for Joy!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5 2010 Totem Pole

I love the colors, artistry, and symbolism of totem poles.  This one was carved at Shillito's department store in Cincinnati, in 1959; to celebrate Alaska becoming a state.  It is on display in the Natural History and Science Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment